Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


This is a mild-flavoured accompaniment that goes well with rice or bread. The key to this recipe is that the cheese is properly melted while the egg is not over-cooked.


Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 finely sliced onion
  • 50g tasty grated cheese
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • Few cracks of pepper
Preparation:
  • Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat
  • Fry onion with sugar. Make sure the onion does not get brown to retain the crunchiness of the onion.
  • Crack 2 eggs straight into the pan and mix it quickly with the onion. Don't let the eggs fully cook.
  • Immediately add grated cheese, salt and crack some pepper on top and mix them well.
  • As the cheese starts to melt, turn off the heat. The cheese will melt on the hot pan itself.
  • Serve it hot.


2 comments:

    Unknown said...
    This recipe's similar to what my dad used to cook for me (the only dish that he'd ever cook), minus the cheese. I've tried remaking it several time but it's nowhere near my dad's. I miss this, and I miss him. Thank you so much for reminding me of it and I'll try making it with your recipe next time
  1. ... on January 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM  
  2. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks Monica. Glad you liked it.
  3. ... on January 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.