Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I have done something different with my scones this time- turned them into quick and simple mini burgers. Mini burgers are great to serve at a party and are enjoyed by kids and adults alike.



Ingredients:
  • Scones (Click here to learn how I made home-baked scones.)
  • Small amount of minced beef to form patties
  • 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • Finely sliced onions
  • Few sliced mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon oil for frying the ingredients and the patties
  • Sauce of your choice
Preparation:
  • Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Lightly fry onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
  • Form thin beef mince patties and fry them on both sides on medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
  • Cut the freshly baked scones in half. If your scones are cold, warm them up in the oven.
  • Place onions, mushrooms and patties on the scone base. Add your choice of sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.


3 comments:

    Ann said...
    reminds me of the burgers at sizzler restaurants.

    sure the kids would love making these!
  1. ... on July 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM  
  2. Cristina - Teenie Cakes said...
    I like what you've done with these scones. These look like tasty sandwiches for any meal of the day! :)
  3. ... on July 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM  
  4. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    @Ann and @Cristina:
    Thanks for your comments. I wanted to do something with my freshly baked scones and turning them into mini burgers was indeed worth a try.
  5. ... on July 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.