Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I would like to share with you an accidental recipe that turned out unbelievably delicious. I was trying to make fries for lunch. I wanted the potatoes to be half-boiled but they were over-cooked. So I had to abandon my initial plan. I didn't want to throw away the potatoes. Then I came up with the idea of making fritters with semolina coating. My husband is not a big fan of vegetables but he totally liked the vegetables in the fritters. He liked it so much that he asked me to make it again the next day.

The fritters had a fine crunchiness. Probably the semolina coating gave the fritters this crunchiness. Do you have an accidental recipe story that you would like to share?



Makes about 6-7 fritters

Ingredients:
  • 1 large potato, boiled
  • A handful of shredded carrots
  • A handful of thinly sliced cabbage
  • Few finely chopped onions
  • Salt as desired
  • Pepper as desired
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • Semolina for coating
  • Oil for shallow-frying



 Preparation:
  • Mash the boiled potato. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, salt and pepper and mix well.
  • Divide the mixture into 6-7 equal portions. Make balls and flatten them.
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Dip fritters in egg and coat with semolina evenly in a separate bowl.
  • Shallow fry in hot oil until they get brown on both sides.
  • Serve immediately with your favourite sauce.


10 comments:

    Anna C said...
    No wonder your husband asked that you repeat the recipe. Fritters are so addictive. I remember my mom making zucchini fritters, and how we couldn't wait to get our hands on them.

    Anna
    http://annastable.blogspot.com
  1. ... on September 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
  2. The Sisters' Hood said...
    Your newest follower
    and we are SO making these!
  3. ... on September 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM  
  4. Bakericious said...
    looks good!
  5. ... on September 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM  
  6. Anonymous said...
    I love accidental recipes that turn out wonderfully!
  7. ... on September 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
  8. Prathima Rao said...
    Wow...looks awesome n everybody loves fritters..!!A must try...Happy to follow u!!
  9. ... on September 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM  
  10. MaryMoh said...
    Vegetable fritters are always my favourite. It's difficult to stop once I start.
  11. ... on September 13, 2010 at 6:58 AM  
  12. Magic of Spice said...
    These are wonderful...happy accident :)
  13. ... on September 17, 2010 at 3:12 AM  
  14. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks for all the comments!!
  15. ... on September 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM  
  16. sarahworldcook said...
    Great recipe- will definitely try these.

    http://homestyleworldcook.blogspot.com
  17. ... on March 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM  
  18. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks Sarah! I'm sure you'll enjoy these.
  19. ... on March 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.